Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Garage Logic...


If you know my kids at all, you already know that WE will be outside all summer long... of course I don't mind because I usually end up with a fairly good tan (albeit farmers) and it keeps them from creating disasters inside.

Last summer I found myself constantly running inside to get something i.e. sunscreen, band-aids, wipes, scissors (to cut Icees with of course) etc. and with an 18 month old and a 4 year old I don't feel comfortable leaving them while I run inside to grab something since they always gravitate toward the street.


This summer I knew I needed a soloution. I found an old shelf that use to be in my daughters room, bought some cheap plastic bins and went to work organizing and labeling. See above pic.

In the bins I have band-aids, sunscreen, snack-pacs, baby wipes (for sticky fingers), dixie cups, sidewalk chalk, swim goggles, sunglasses and mail key. I also have a paper towel holder, a scissors attached to a string for snipping Icees open, and a small garbage can since my kids are unable to reach the large trash container. We ran electrical so that I can keep my baby monitor plugged in on the shelf and so that we can charge our daughters John Deere. There just happened to be hooks beneath the shelf so we keep our bike helmets there. So far I am loving having everything at my reach, and not having to drag a screaming 18 month old in everytime we need something is priceless.

4 comments:

  1. oh I love this idea!! I'm going to be all about your organizational posts, I need help =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!! I feel like all of your posts are going to have me saying that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!
    I didn't realize you even had this blog ...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love your tips. I'm going to have to do this.

    ReplyDelete