Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a clean house...



Cleaning... oh how I hate. Every time I think I'm ahead a little person comes along behind me and spills a box of Cheerios. Seriously...

I can't tell you how frustrating this is, if you are a mom you know exactly what I'm talking about. Gone are the days when you cleaned your house and it *just* stayed clean. I've tried everything and most days I feel like I just chase my tail. I've discovered that you have to let the little stuff go and focus on the areas and things that will stay clean. For example, don't Windex all the little finger prints on a daily basis because this is all you'd do. Let the finger prints ride and dust your fixtures instead.

I've come up with a checklist of everything that needs to be cleaned in a months time. Each chore is broken down so that it will only take 5-10 minutes to complete. I keep the checklist on my counter and when I have a minute I pick something to do. By the end of the month hopefully everything is checked off. The items that aren't finished up at the end of the month on a weekend.

Here is a link to my list: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dwj3jgr_3hkk8sz5w

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion - I need all of the help that I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete